Vegetable Root Salad
This is an easy “non-tossed” salad that we present on a platter rather than a bowl.
- Spring lettuce
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, chopped
- Daikon Radish, peeled & sliced thin
- ½ red onion sliced thin
- 1 package shredded carrots
- 1 jar pickled beets, sliced
- ¼ cup slivered almonds or other chopped nuts
- Your favorite gourmet salad dressing
(we recommend Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Tomato Balsamic Vinaigrette)
Begin by placing the salad greens on a large platter evenly. Next distribute the onions, carrots, Daikon radish and beets and nuts. Drizzle evenly with the vinaigrette dressing just prior to serving.