Chopped Salad with Feta Cheese
We love to do our salads on platters with all the ingredients arranged on top of the lettuce bed.
Colorful and delicious, this salad serves 4.
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce or 1 head Boston lettuce, shredded
(Spring Green Salad Greens can also be used as the salad base or combined with either of the two lettuces listed above).
- 1 small bag petite carrots
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into matchstick pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into matchstick pieces
- 3 beets, cooked, peeled and cut into matchstick pieces
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 container of cherry tomatoes
- 4 radishes, sliced thin
- 1 head radicchio, shredded
- ¼ lb. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup red-wine vinegar
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley for garnish
Place shredded lettuce on a large platter. Arrange the vegetables, radicchio, endive and cheese in separate rows on top of the lettuce.
For the dressing, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and drizzle the dressing over the salad just prior to serving. Garnish with a sprinkle of parsley.